Tuesday, March 10, 2009

My Health Story




This is a condensed version of my life. Just like most people out there, I too have a story to tell. I am a wife, and a mother of two beautiful children. My oldest child is my daughter who is 10, and my son is 6. I have sufferred from depression of varying degrees since before I had them, and I had horrible post-partum after my daughter was born. I have always struggled with my weight, since I was a child, and that didn't help matters. My son was diagnosed with Autism when he was 2 years old, and that led to a whole new world of emotions and heartaches. I am an emotional eater, always have been, so needless to say, weight is a huge issue for me. I have tried all kinds of diets and pills, and with not much success. I was constantly tired, had no motivation to try to be healthier, and I constantly complained about it. Whenever I tried to exercise, my toes would go numb, and get cramps in them, forcing me to stop, not to mention my knees ached from my Arthritis. I was living a vicious circle of things. My doctor said I had to lose weight, as I had something called Insulin Resistance. This is basically a pre-warning sign that diabetes is inevitable if I don't change. I also had high blood pressure, and sometimes would get dizzy spells, I also had trouble sleeping. I really did not know how to change. My doctor offered me antidepressants, which I tried for a while, but I don't like bandaids for my problems. I tried counselling, which gets very expensive, and really did not help me enough. What did I do? Well for a long time, nothing. I just kept hoping my problems would disappear. I did try natural supplements like St John's Wort, but it did not work for me. Finally a friend of mine introduced me to a health beverage that literally has changed my life. I have lots of energy, I am motivated, I sleep better, my aches and pains are gone, my blood sugar is regulated, my blood pressure is back to normal, I am losing weight without even trying, and I can exercise without problems now too. My husband and children have noticed the change, and are very happy about it. No more grumpy, crying, angry me to deal with. I would be happy to share more information with you if you wish to know more. My email is traceyarcari@gmail.com
Also, please check out my Squidoo lens http://www.squidoo.com/waystobeatdepression

No comments: